I tested the quizzes out and it gave me a low grade. Help!

I tested the quizzes out and it gave me a low grade. Help!

by Mr Cothran -
Number of replies: 3
Dear Mr. Cothran,

What if I went in just to try out the quizzes and it gave my student a grade? And since I was just trying it out, the grade was really low. I don't want my child's grade to suffer for this. Can you erase the grade? What should I do?

Signed,
Frightened for My Child's Academic Future

Dear Frightened for My Child's Academic Future,

There is no need to worry. You can test the quizzes out all you want and it will not affect your child's grade. Your child can take the quizzes as many times as he or she wants, and the system will only keep a record of the highest grade. So the grade you got when you went in to try the quizzes out will be erased as soon as your student goes in to actually take the quiz and gets a higher grade. So feel free to test the quizzes out as much as you like.

Mr. Cothran
In reply to Mr Cothran

Re: I tested the quizzes out and it gave me a low grade. Help!

by Robert Kulikauskas -
I would like to try out the quizzes too. I have been studying Latin and I am likely to get a very high score, possibly higher than my son will get. Is there a way for me to try it out?

Robert's Mom
In reply to Robert Kulikauskas

by Mr Moore -
Ms Kulikauskas,

You are allowed to take the quizzes under you students log in name, however, you'll need to be sure that your grade does not become the final grade posted, since that would be cheating. So as long as the final recorded score is from your student's work, go ahead, and I hope you enjoy them and do well! One more thing, you could miss a question on purpose that you're sure you know the right answer to in order to get a poor score so that your student will be motivated to fix it. The quizzes as we spoke about last time can be taken as many times as you want.

Have Fun!
Mr. Moore
In reply to Robert Kulikauskas

by Mr Cothran -

Robert's Mom,

The best place to do that would be on the Online Tutorial on the main page.  Have you done the tutorial yet?  It has all the different kinds of questions we are using.