What if I enrolling more than on child?

What if I enrolling more than on child?

by Mr Cothran -
Number of replies: 1
I have received a number of questions from parents who have more than one child enrolled in the Online Classical Academy. What often happens is the parent has set up one identity in the system and he or she is trying to use it for two students.

Please be aware that, if you want to register more than one child, you have to register them under two different identities on our system. Our registration process was a little ambiguous about giving the student's name at first, but we have now made that clear.

If you go to register a different student for a class, be sure to give the other child's name in the registration process with a different e-mail than the first child. YOU MUST HAVE A DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR EACH CHILD REGISTERED ON OUR SYSTEM. If you do not, our system can't distinguish between them.

Many parents used their own name in the registration process and have tried to use it for two different students. This will not work. If you have done this, please send me an e-mail with the following information:
  • Each student's name
  • A distinctive e-mail for each child
  • The class each child should be in
If you give me this information, I can correct the registration manually. Thank you!
In reply to Mr Cothran

Re: What if I enrolling more than on child?

by Zachary Goins -

I am only enrolling 1 child, but did register in my name (mom) Janelle Goins and it is Zachary taking the class (British Literature).  We only have 1 email address. 

I had called at the beginning of summer and then again 3 weeks ago wanting a resource list so I could determine how much the course would cost us.  I was told that wouldn't be available until I enrolled and purchased the course.  Now that we are enrolled and have had a chance to look at the complete resource list, we are overwhelmed with the cost and the booklist is double that is in the catalog.  I am not sure that we will be able to purchase all these books but will check with our library.  Also,  I didn't know until enrolling today that there was required reading for the summer.  How were we to know this?