Instructions for Accessing Audio/Video Chats

Instructions for Accessing Audio/Video Chats

by Mr. Schaeffer -
Number of replies: 0
I just wanted to make sure everyone knew how the class chats work this year.

Most classes will be using our new audio/visual class software. You do not need any special software for your computer to access this. We do ask that you have a microphone so that the teacher may call on you during class. Please try to acquire a microphone, or, preferably, a headset with a microphone for the online courses that are audio.

The link for the audio/visual classes will appear about 5-15 minutes before class starts. It will indicate the time of the class and a "Room Name". Please copy this room name before you click on the chat link, since you will be asked to enter it in a later step. 

When you click the Chat Time (i.e. "Tuesday 12:30 Chat with Mr. Moore") link from the main course page, it will take you to another page with a link that allows you to "join" the class.  It will say, "Click here to Start Meeting." Click on this. The next screen should ask you for a "Room Name" and a "Display Name".  Past the "Room Name" that you copied earlier into the "Room Name" field, and then enter your display name (the name you want displayed to the class, preferably your first  and last name). 

At this point your computer will go through an automatic checking process. Just let it happen. After a few seconds, you will find yourself in the classroom. When class starts, if you have your sound working on your computer, you will hear the teacher, and he or she will take you on a little tour of the classroom.

If you have any problems getting in, please call me at 859-329-1919.  Often times the problem is related to web browser difficulties or. We are looking forward to a great year!